EMDR Map Sheds its Snake Skin
The Python version
The initial version of the WebSocket server powering the map was developed with Python, gevent-websockets, and ZeroMQ. While the original Python version was pretty simple, it was much heavier on memory and didn’t free resources very quickly after disconnections. My biggest gripe was that I wasn’t entirely happy with how the Greenlets interacted with one another. Time to needlessly re-invent the wheel for fun and profit!
The GoLang version
After cobbling something together, I found that some resources were saved, but nothing earth-shattering. More importantly, I feel that the channels and goroutines pattern makes a lot more sense for this particular project than my coroutines and internal ZeroMQ sockets.
I apologize for the lack of build instructions or documentation of any sort, but such is the norm for my experiments like this!
A look into the now complete Linode NextGen and how it changes things.read more
Amazon Route 53 DNS failover
A quick review of my experience with Route 53's DNS failover service.read more
Patwright mentioned in the Greenville Journal
Pathwright gets a neat interview article in the Greenville Journal.read more
namecheap.com EssentialSSL and Amazon ELB
How to generate the Certificate Chain for namecheap.com EssentialSSL and Amazon ELB.read more
Your knowledge is valuable
Most people have something that they are truely passionate about. When they think of whatever this happens to be, their day brightens, perhaps they feel excited, or maybe they talk the ear off of friends about it. This kind of calling, hobby, or special interest is such a positive motivator ...read more
We all wear many hats, and it’s great!
Fabric task for notifying New Relic of a code deploy
A brief example Fabric task for notify New Relic of code deploys.read more
Switched to Pelican
For the last four years, my blog has been powered by Django. As I have found myself becoming more and more busy, I have stopped wanting to hassle with keeping things up to date on the server and the application.
After a weekend of tinkering and conversions, I’m now ...read more